www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Dear Sister; My Frustration with Magic Users

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian S.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Dear Sister; My Frustration with Magic Users Reply with quote

My Dearest Sister Ada,

I write to you once again in hope you are doing well. My life as always is entwined with my research. Recently this took me on a field trip in (conjunction with the group known as the wanderers) to the Thunders. Those who reside here place a heavy reliance on Magic, something that makes me uncomfortable. The more so after this visit as the more I talked with those are trained with it the vauger the explanations as to how it works became. There one even said that they donít need to explore the workings of magic as long in the past their ancestors had done that and explored all the limits of magic. That what they need to know of magic is all those better than them have passed down.

This concerns me whatever magic might be at its core what sciences are at the key to how it works may have been discovered already. Then some ignorant individual decided they knew better and the knowledge was lost. Letting something that could be taught to anyone as a science slip into mysticism and stagnation. Almost as frustrating is the persistence that the scientific method canít be used to reach a greater understanding of magic. So if you ever talk with someone who both works with magic and is willing to use the scientific method to further the understanding of it please send them my way.

With Love And Understanding,

Cyril.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: