www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Aftermath at the battle of the spring blossoms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
usagi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Aftermath at the battle of the spring blossoms Reply with quote

The day was long and indeed due to become longer, the ritual sites and circles had performed better than expected both defensively and offensively against the myriad of enemies faced but the presence of Houngan had stood out and surprised Usagi, by now he was running rather efficiently on just how severely annoyed he was at them, it would take considerable time to repair the mess they had made of things as well as whatever harm their lingering magics will still do.

Still he had orders to fulfill, the tactics of the enemy had made raising decent quality undead difficult and of the ones raised they had performed their purpose well enough in battle and likely saved more than a few shogunate lives, Usagi was especially proud of the few he had outflank an enemy position so that when they detonated it to run, the dead were already waiting for them undaunted by the explosions and ready to fulfill their new purposes.
Now however it was time for the sorting, few had made it to battles end and fewer if any would remain useful in future endeavors, the most broken ones would have there animating energy recycled into maintaining the others, the next rank of condition would be sent walking or crawling to deal with remaining traps, better to risk and lose them than risk any more troops. The final tier stood at attention awaiting lord Chosokabes inspection of if they will be of further use after being attended and cleansed by the Eta. They were few and horrifying to look at, maybe they would be a good example of the horrors of war to Chosokabe, Usagi doubted this, the two of them had already seen much worse in days past.
Sasori

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Day had been long the blood that had fallen had done so in great amounts. It was a shame they had not simply surrendered but then again this was the path that they had chosen to walk, their souls were cast into the void where they belonged by those whom fought with Virtue. He nodded his head slowly, tricks and traps were the way his enemies fought this war and it was shameful, had these peasents lost their sense of honor along with their names in the bloodshed they had done upon their betters ?

"Usagi-san" [/i]His voice was tired and strained from needing to bellow orders for most of the day "Less then a Third of our men have been confirmed lost in the fighting this is below my own expectations, Hachiman-no-Kami was with us this day I should think ?"
usagi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I should think so my lord, this could of gone much worse, congratulations on the victory, few could say they have taken down a heavily entrenched, trapped and expecting fortification that had months of preparation. In all honesty my lord I had expected them to flee long before we actually arrived, but seems additional allies had made their way to us”.

Usagi motions to one of his servants to have a table, seats and refreshments brought over.

“No losses to report my side as well, your clans Shugenja were able to work extremely well with one another, though I had honestly expected that Jo-Shoin was not going to make it after we started switching flows he had a bit of an incident, but the healers tell me he should make a full recovery though he might be a bit twitchy for a while...”

As the servant set the table Usagi poured two glasses of sake, “If you don't mind for the records I am having this event scribed as the battle of spring blossoms, it felt appropriate.”
“Any news from the other side and how they fared?”
Sasori

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am lead to understand our men and those of Lord Kamabashi met somewhere in the middle of the Enemy position" Zaizen will say as he sinks slowly to the table his movements somewhat pained as he removed his gauntlets setting them beside the table before taking the offered Sake. Taking it in a single shoot he places the small cup down once more on the table.

"I am disconcerted at these Mercenaries screaming the names of their Profane Gaijinn spirits upon this shard however, I will need to have this land cleansed and sown with salt in order to banish their words and their Idols."

"I shudder to think" there is a pause "Those Ritual circles were being fed by the people whom were caught between the barricades, would I be correct in this assessment ?"
usagi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“That...is still under investigation, I have no direct evidence myself at this point but I think you should make a few observances, for example, the household kami and the people that were here, appear to be entirely gone with little trace, mayhaps they've simply been moved towards the sanctuary I cannot say but I would not be surprised if one of the Samurai trips over in the next few minutes and finds a brimming charnel pit, you remember what the White hand did in the Kinghan lands, I would not put it past these houngans to have done something similar here.”

After seeing Chosokabe take his drink Usagi downs his as a matter of course before refilling the two cups and returning to the discussion.

“ Other things are also of note, for example, think of how many people and resources it took to take this land in the first place, strategically it was performed very well but neither gun powder or simply clever tactics would have won them the battle that it did in the time it took, numbers count. Now I was expecting a lot more people here, I think you've noticed it as well, simple night desertion would not account for this discrepancy. I'm sure the more I look into this matter the more 'strangeness' I am going to find, things are out of place my lord and we have little idea what occurred in this place over the winter months. ”
Sasori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai, in this I am inclined to agree wit you. I shall have a large funeral performed in order to ensure that no angry spirits rise to torment these lands. But the army should be made ready to march once again we can only give them at most a days rest before we must depart. This little maneuver has cost us time" The Lord of Keshi Flexes his hand ever so slightly trying to work feeling into the metal fingers, a bullet had struck him just above the elbow but had failed to penetrate

"I cannot underestimate our enemies again, though if we can convince the Mercenaries for continue to march with us I Plan to end the battle we fought at Guntai and in payment for the villagers killed here I will put the city to the Flame"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: