www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
War from peace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasori

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: War from peace Reply with quote

Standing on the shore overlooking the ship below him the lord of Keshi allowed a sigh to escape his lips. Things were once again changing as another year would soon come to a close. The rice paddies would soon need to be planted again when the spring came after the harsh breath of winter swept away all before it. Were the simple times, the ones that brought joy ?.

Soon they would need to depart making their way towards the Empire in order to attend their peace summit The rice would need to be planted and so peace would and should be declared until winter had passed in order to see tot he harvest.

"When winter comes we cannot continue this war" the voice was resolute. "Unless ordered otherwise this is the simple directive however that does not mean that we cannot prepare for the season of War that will come when the snows have thawed and the fields have been planted"

His hands clasped behind his back he would turn to the pagoda where his servants had gathered to share an evening meal before the low tide on the morning would allow their departure.

"Now I would ask of you, all of you what can we do to prepare ourselves for when war will come again. What can be done to spend this lul in the conflict productively I am open to suggestions"

The Lord of Keshi would then lapse into silence waiting for the answers from his retainers to come.
usagi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carefully placing a selection of meats into the central hot pot Usagi takes not and ponders the question.

"Traditionally winter should be a time of introspection And meditation, of internalizing the lessons one has learnt throughout the year and giving credence to ones place in the scheme of things and where one fits within the ebb and flow of the world."

With a practised gesture Usagi deposits the freshly cooked meats from the boiling broth into the waiting bowls of the hungry court.

"I do however think this has been a year of change and we should move with that, train ourselves in new ways, adapt to the gauntlet our enemies have laid before us and bring something new to the table, a new trick a new outlook, something unexpected to keep those outside guessing and those inside growing during these cold months."
Joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanuki considered the question and smelled the air. The autumn winds brought the first whiff of decay and... strawberries.

"A samurai warrior trains for war all of his life. War is as natural as breathing is. As a warrior it is my trade just as the anvil is part of Shugi-san's trade. I agree with Usagi-sama that we train and prepare against further treachery. Our ancestors are with us when we embrace the old ways. This war may be the truest test of the old ways against the new unorthodox ways. You know my feelings on the way of the sword and bow vs the gun. We cannot predict a dangerous snake such as the Sanctuary. But surely the souls of their dead samurai watch this conflict with interest."
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shugi looked up from the table, small gears placed all around him as he was tinkering with one of sanctuary's toys in preparation for the trip.

"My Lord, as you know I have promised the Marrianne foundation my time in the winter. The more I think about it the more I believe our course of action should be to seek allies and supporters. We are not in a war for land or resources but a war of ideologies. We do not need sanctuary to survive, but we wish to bring them back into the fold. Surely the more international allies we can draw to our side the more pressure we can put on sanctuary that our swords could never muster"

Hisakawa drifts off for a moment, pulling a gear from the insect and inspecting it in the light before continuing.

"The Shogunate has stubbornly resisted outsiders for some time. But the shards come together and have much to offer. We would be foolish to snarl at the world as it becomes increasingly connected, lest we fall behind those who freely collaborate".
Wiggins

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoshi pours smoked tea to compliment both the meat and Chosokabe's disposition.

"My lord, at the crafts of marching and of entrenching, I will always give my experience when the situation calls for it, as you know. Without doing our duty we are nothing.

I encourage the view however, that too many fronts in this war are hidden from our sight. The war is being fought not only on land and sea, but in the mind and spirit, the future and past, fought above the clouds and in the river beds.

Your efforts are where they can be, where they must be, for ability and duty demand it, but remember that it means nothing to overinvest our efforts there only to lose them to flanks and pursuits we cannot even comprehend.

Even when victory is finally ours, with so many forces unknown, we must expect it to turn to ash at the peace table, each conquest squandered for the ambitions of your rivals, or the manipulations of yet more unseen obstacles.

Fight. Win great victories, turn losses into opportunities, innovate, gain honour, build the faith of the people, build a legacy of duty and service.

But in the peace of winter, prepare your heart in case of a hard road.

I do not say to contemplate defeat. Have faith in victory. But contemplate what peace might mean, both what you want to happen, and what others want.

And trust that I spend my time that when that moment comes, those who would cheat us will I hope find more trouble than they expect."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: