www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Darker Alchemy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Darker Alchemy Reply with quote

Dr Jekyll examined the box again. It contained the notes and the four vials. Decoding the notes had been easy after Saris had given him the method. The mutagenic was a different manner of working. Alchemically briliant but the cost, the cost wasn't worth thinking about. It was a price almost not worth paying. Dr Jekyll believed that the Intelligencium had almost suceeded in unleashing a nightmare. Something they would never fully understand like he could. He shuddered to consider how close they were and how dangerous this knowledge would be in the wrong hands. That's why he had promised to recover every scrap of a paper and every drop of formula from all sources. With what he had the sympathetic link would be enough to have the missing portions tracked down. Desperate times called for desperate measures and for once the cure was almost within reach. Many questions remained:

1.) Who had attacked Roman on the way to the auction?
2.) Why did the Mage Eater purchase the box in the first place?
3.) Did the thieves realise that they were now targets as well?
4.) How to keep Hyde distracted long enough to finish the research?

Dr Jekyll continued to stare at the potions while his right hand wrote the letter slowly with the quill out of his eye line.
Joe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Jekyll examined the rash on the sailor's face and arms aboard the Broken Travels.

"It's a curse isn't it doc." The sailor lamented.
"It's not a curse." Henry Jekyll replied without looking up.
"But I must have angered the spirits. Maybe at Whitewater."
"We haven't been to Whitewater in over nine months. This rash didn't present itself until a week ago. How do you explain the delay. Did the 'curse' get lost finding you?"
"I guess not. But how?"
"Let's not jump to superstition first."
"I'm being judged for being a rotter doc."
"Ok what have you done? Get it off your chest."
"It's on account of all the lying and cheating you see. I've been unfaithful to my Doris too and perhaps she has hexxed me somehow. Oh I am wretched."
"Interesting..."
"What is? Do you have the cure?"
"No... interesting that you think your immoral behaviour led to your so called curse. Are you a good man?"
"I suppose..."
"But you lied and cheated and what else?"
"I've killed too. Thievery too."
"Then how can you call yourself good?"
"I've been dealt bad hands in life, that's all. Made a few shady choices but I'm good in the heart."
"Are you?" The doctor moved away and drew his loaded pistol pointing it at the sailor. "You said by your own estimates that you aren't good. If you are so wretched then perhaps I ought to do the world a favour and put you down now."
"Wwww.. what? Captain Swain! I don't want to die! Captain help me!"
"Why don't you want to die wretch?"
"Because I don't want to be damned. I want a chance to live good and get a good reward."
"But you are wretched. You said yourself. If you haven't changed by now what's to say you'll ever turn over a new leaf? Turning over don't wash away your sin neither!"
"Oh please I just don't want to die."
"Or suffer?"
"Or suffer."
"You are a selfish coward too."
"Whatever you say doc."
"There are two types of folk. Those who think they are righteous and good and those who know they are bad and flawed."
"So I am bad and flawed?"
"Knowing you ain't perfect is half the battle. But then you need to decide wether you want to wallow in pity and beg for redemption or punishment or embrace your shadow and damnation. Doing nothing leads to denial and then when you can't deny it you go insane. So what will it be? Redemption? Punishment? Damnation or Insanity?"
"You look like you want to punish me with lead."
"Is that what you want?"
"No."
"Good. Then you need to choose to revel in your vices or turn over a leaf."
"Turn?"
"Before you choose. You will have to give up the lot. The drinking the carousing the fun. Or you can get to know your shadow and learn to understand being good and bad are just names that those too thick to understand our own desires say. When you beat someone at cards they call you a knave because they don't have the stones to beat you up or the power to stop you. Same with calling someone bad."
"His hurts my head doc. But I think you are right."
"Good. Stop calling me doc. Call me Edward."
"What about me rash?"
"That's on account to you not eating enough fruit. You got the scurvy. Easily fixed. But I could use a man like you."
Joe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward wanted to kill something. A burning fire deep within his gut was burning and the rage felt as if it would consume him if he did not react violently. the longer the beast is caged, the angrier it will be he dragged his arm over a shelf full of small potions smashing them on the cabin floor.

He heard shouts, footsteps coming. fresh meat. Edward got into ambush position and waited. His rage began to change into patient glee at the spite he would inflict. The door began to open and he clenched his fist ready wallop Dr Jekyll?

Edward woke up in bed. freaky dreams he got up and began to scheme. He did all of his best scheming at night. How long had he been under this time? A day? A week? A month? It was hard to tell. He took one of the good doctors syringes. Am I not human too? If you cut me do I not bleed? Do I not deserve a voice? [i] Hyde extracted his blood and squeezed it into several bottles.

He then took a shaving mirror and a scalpel to his throat. He addressed the reflection as he spoke.
"I want you to see this. I want you to remember me in control of this body and you helpless. You know I could end you here and now. You know I am capable of it and much much more. Can you feel it Jekyll? Its like grabbing eels. The more you squeeze and grasp for control the more I slip through your fingers. The more you move against me, the further you go to become me and serve my goals. You think you have me under arrest but I am holding all the aces. I'll be seeing you sooner than you think Henry." Hyde moved the scalpel and made a cut on his face... something for Jekyll to remember him by.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: