www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Fresh starts.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Fresh starts. Reply with quote

Daniel finally allowed himself to slump to the floor and wiped his brow. The last of the citizens of Herrington that had been hurt in the panic caused by Pandora's creatures had been treated and were now resting comfortably.

His thoughts returned to a conversation the night before. It was a strange feeling. For years he had mostly followed them at a distance. Sometimes there had been messages left at the major portal hubs but mostly he had relied on tavern rumours and the Story to get him to where he need to be.

For the first time; he paused and corrected himself. For the first time that he could remember he had been asked to travel with someone ahead of time.

His musings were interrupted by the sound of an explosion echoing from the ocean side of town. A chill went through him that he quickly calmed. It would be alright. He looked at the ragged bag on the floor next to him. It would take a while to get used to the new weight but he had no regrets.

"If nothing else it is easier to find stuff in you now."

Daniel stood up and checked his surgical roll was in the almost empty bag before headed in the direction of the boom. It seemed a safe bet that the Wanderers would be somewhere in it's vicinity.
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: A few days later Reply with quote

It was one of the older graveyards in Herrington that had served the village long before the Demon war had ravaged the land.

In one of the corners a man in a coat that had seen better days was using a handy rock to hammer a marker into a patch of freshly turned over earth. The marker contained no words. Eight crudely drawn stick men each in a different pose had been poorly gouged into the wood.

Daniel finished his work and sighed.

"If I turn around and you're judging me I'm not going to be happy."
Miranda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As if I would do such a thing." Miranda leant against a nearby tree and a mischievous smirk played across her face as she watched him.

She pushed off from the tree and wound her way through the graves until she reached Daniel, watching him for a moment then staring down at the marker, deep in thought.

"You know, I never thought I'd live to see the day where you'd draw those things voluntarily," she sighed. "Then again, it's been that kind of week."

Miranda produced a small poesy of wild flowers and placed them down next to the marker.

"You need some time? There's no rush."

OOC: Karen
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel looked at the dancing men on the marker and tried not to think about the smashed up pile of failures that had been left in the caretaker of the graveyards kindling pile.

"I know. It just felt right. There should be something, some kind of evidence that he existed..... I mean apart from me."

He stood up, brushed himself down and shook his head as he turned to her.

"We can go. I've wasted enough time trying to hold onto the past and not paying attention to what actually matters."

Their eyes met for for a moment before he smiled and look down at the floor.

"I think I'd like to try living in the present for once."
Miranda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The present's looking like a pretty good place to be right now," Miranda smiled and gazed off towards the town.

"We've got some time to kill before the coach is ready. Come on, let's go see if there's anything left of this party."

She smiled again, a little nervously this time, and held her hand out to him.

OOC: Karen
Colin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no hesitation this time. Daniel returned the smile and taking the offered hand in a gentle grip he allowed himself to be led out of the graveyard. He paused as they stepped onto the road and looked at her.

"Wait? What party?"

Miranda gave him the look.

"What? Do you have any idea how long it took me to get that damn sign righ....."

He trailed off as she began to laugh and they walked down the road hand in hand leaving the graveyard behind them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: