www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
A short visit to the Thunders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: A short visit to the Thunders Reply with quote

Leng Ho was visiting the island that the Chōsokabe clan resided upon. The newly fixed portal network reminded him of the cycles that he had seen in the world, where there had been times were portals were rare or non-existent, and others when the world seemed to be almost tripping over itself with them. On balance, he was glad of the portals, travel always seemed to aggravate his leg, injured so long ago now.

He awaited Sassori comfortably, having come to his decision. Of course it would be down to him to accept what he had to teach, and he wouldn't go easy on the young man, he idly wondered of what would have happened if he himself had had children, however that path had not been open to him. He waited patiently, sitting as if in meditation and waiting...
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking through the falling cherry blossoms of the midsummer Lord Chōsokabe moved with great Purpose in his step. The wind ruffled his Kimono as he walked towards the famous swordmaster. His mind was ponderous as he frankly had no idea what or indeed how this sword Saint was going to commence his training.

"Imagawa-Sensi" the voice showing the correct measure of respect as the Lord fell into a deep and respectful bow "I have come to commence my training, should it please you" He maintained the bow keeping his eyes to the floor
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He considered the Lord before him, the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms in the gardens around them. Then broke into a slight smile. "I think, for start, I would rather Senpai than Sensei." He said with a slight nod "I will be teaching you what I think I can, and whereas that may in time come to be skills with blade or armies, there are other things I think you need to learn first, if u wish to learn from me." He paused a moment. "Before we start our first lesson though. You are a grown man, and my training will almost certainly involve punishments to keep you on track. Fear of punishments focuses the mind on the task at hand. To agree to my training, is to agree to the punishments I will mete out. Second I will need one of your servants to act as my arm. I will not always be about, but your training will be of course ongoing. I will need someone you trust to administer punishments if you prove lax in your learning."
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raising his eyes from the ground Zaizen nods his head as he is spoke to before contemplating the words. He was not afraid of punishment in all honesty and often wisdom was only gained through strife. However the compilation was whom could be trusted to understand that to administer this chastisement was not a power to hold over him. In whom could he place so much trust

After a long moment of thought the answer became clear

"Hai, I accept these terms as you offer them, and as your Hand I would choose Ichiro Kage-San. He is my most loyal retainer and I know he will obey any command given. So it is that I empower you to bid him do what ever you feel is needed in my name"

He will once again offer the other man a deep bow

"I hope this is acceptable ?"
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leng-Ho thought a moment "Ah, the Hengyokai?" He asked. "Yes, he will do. A loyal man who will act as my arm when I am not here." He motioned him to sit "So kōhai, let us start at the beginning. A lesson... to do with honour. Personal responsibility, and the carrying of burdens." He smiled "So tell me. What would you find worthy, what thing would you have that you can show the world 'This is my honour'." He watched him carefully, clearly he was judging his next words...
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a moment a shadow of doubt played across the Lords Features as he started to think about it. Then with a single nod of the head he came to the answer.

"Every Day people suffer, some suffer from injustice and others from poverty. Some possess no chance to live life in any semblance of happiness. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the Samurai and the Lords whom they serve to not only protect the people but also enable them to live a better and more honorable life in tandem with the wishes of heaven. Thus the most honorable statement anyone of high birth can give the world is the happiness of his people with his fair and just rule"

Pausing for a moment before he continues

"My Honor is the smile upon the faces of those under my charge for living a good life"
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He regarded him for a long moment, almost impassively then laughed broadly. "A clever answer. And not one I can fault you for. Yet also you choose something fleeting. How does one defend a smile from ones enemies. How can one prove that he can protect such a thing? This first lesson deals with the tangible. What one can hold. As poetic as it would be to hold a smile in ones heart, it will not do for this lesson." Leng Ho however seemed genuinely pleased and amused at his answer. "So... pick something physical. Something perhaps you can use to protect those smiles eh...?"
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Of course"

Removing his sword from his Obi Belt Zaizen places it in front of him on the floor. The sunlight reflecting the lacquered wood of the shirasaya.

"If this is indeed the soul of the Warrior then what you choose to defend you must do so with your all your soul no ?"
Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A traditional choice, and one that is certainly fitting." He looked at the sword and something passed over his face, a memory perhaps. But then he nodded. "Then until I declare otherwise, this will stand as your honour. Protect it. If any ask, then tell them it stands as your honour." He paused letting him consider his words.

"Further. Honour is not something you put aside, or lay down. And many times it is a burden. Your honour will not leave your side for any reason. At all times you will carry it. It may be beside you when you are seated." He paused "If you absolutely cannot bear it, then a trusted retainer can be tasked to hold it, not wield, but bear it."

Again Leng Ho paused, a slight smile "Now... you will give to your retainer my instructions. If Ichiro Kage-San finds you without your honour." His hand made a swift chopping motion. "He is to strike you. Firmly. I expect him not to pull his blow. Further if you do not then immediately turn to retrieving your honour, he is to again strike you." He looked at him "Show me you can carry and respect the burden kōhai."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: