www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Gunpowder Town

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Gunpowder Town Reply with quote

Angel lay on the roof of the forge, staring up at the stars as they wheeled their slow way across the sky. The Thunders stars didn’t seem to be too different to the Fenrisian ones, the Thunders people – even though the rules were a bit weird and strict – didn’t seem to be much different from anyone else. Smiling she raised a hand in greeting at the Noble Hati chasing Máni through the darkness of the night.

She sighed and made her way down to the house and checked in on her two companions - the young Dwarves had come with her to the Thunders - making sure they were settled and safe. They had initially been confused at her insistence on calling them Geri and Freki although they were slowly getting used to it.

It was too warm tonight to do any sleeping, the heat normally didn't bother her but this was warmer than she felt comfortable with. Instead of retiring to her bed she went back to the Forge, the fire was still, quiet and cold - she hadn't needed it yet. Her own anvil was set up in the middle despite an anvil already in the building. She rested her hands on it for a moment, taking in the comfort and familiarity it gave her and smiled.

"One day your little Fox cub will make you proud Pappa, but I'm not there quite yet."

She looked to the almost finished task on the bench, a lump of ore slowly deciding to turn itself into an object - with a few weeks of hammering, softening and cursing. She'd get it done, she had to. A commission for a friend in terrible need of help, and a friend she didn't want to lose.

With a satisfied nod she pulled herself into the hammock she'd rigged up.

"I'll definitely not sleep... Just close my eyes for a minute.... nope… no slee..…."

OOC: Lucy Scarisbrick-Wright
IC: Angel - Archipelagan Thief
IC: Sister Elena Rosarius - Sister Militant, 2nd Chapter, Paladin of the Order of Gideon Rosarius
NPC /Retired: Danan Nolwe - Fey Air Mage (Legendary)
usagi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who could say how many hours have passed since she drifted off to sleep but the new day is bright indeed and Angel is swiftly awoken by a double knock on her brand new door.

Outside stands a tall older man dressed in a traditional black kimono bearing the moon mon upon his jacket, he allows Angel a moment to gather her thoughts from obviously having just woken up before introducing himself as Watabe Soshu swiftly following on with that Lord Usagi is making his inspections of Kayaku-Taun today and has expressed an interest that he would be pleased for Angel-San to join his entourage in this task, once done he has further expressed that he would be pleased for Angel-San to be invited to join him at a nearby and newly constructed Izakaya for drinks and refreshment.

The older man gives a polite bow and awaits Angels response.
Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a sound, a thump and a muffled curse as Angel woke suddenly and fell painfully out of the hammock, in her daze she realised it must have been the door.

Angel took in the image of the tall, official looking gentleman and blinked... a lot. She figured she must have fallen asleep given that it was terrible, terrible, bright daylight. He must definitely have been from Usagi given that he hadn't said a word about her extremely scruffy appearance and very reptilian hand, then he started saying words Angel was unfamiliar with. She hadn't got a clue who 'Kayaku-Taun' was or where about an 'Izakaya' happened to be.

"Um.. hello!"

There was an uncomfortable silence as Angel tried to process the invitation.

"Uh, hang on"

She returned an awkward bow and smiled at her visitor.

"Well, thank you for coming out here with the invitation... Watabe Soshu? I need time to get myself fit to be seen in public. Please come in the house out of the sun."

She offered him a drink which looked suspiciously like Mead then started to get ready, as she splashed water on her face and ran a comb through her hair she had reverted to her usual happy self, babbling any thoughts that came to her mind at that second. When she was done she went to the door leading to the adjoining room.

"Geri, Freki? I'm going out you've got the day off, don't get lost or stolen and be back before sunset."

With a happy sigh she turned back.

"Ok, let's go see Rabbit!"

IC: Sister Elena Rosarius - Sister Militant, 2nd Chapter, Paladin of the Order of Gideon Rosarius
usagi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent, if you would follow me then, they shall be arriving soon.
Watabe Soshu set a quick pace making his way to the outskirts of Kayaku-Taun with Angel in tow, the sun blazes in the sky prompting them to find a good tree to find shade under as they await Lord Usagis arrival.

it is not long before a fair sized group is spotted in the distance, complete with horse riding samurai guards, a large palanquin a horse drawn covered wagon several servants, scribes and advisors. they travel at a leisurely slow pace and Watabe motions to angel for them to approach only for them to be stopped half way by one of the guards, some words are exchanged in a language angel is only just becoming familiar before they are allowed to approach further, the guard rides up ahead to the palanquin and soon the signal to halt is given and the palanquin lowered, accompanied angel is led to the center of the convoy where she finally gets to see a familiar form and face of Usagi climbing to his feet to greet her.

'It's good to see you again so soon Angel-san, I trust you are settling in well? how is Kayaku-taun treating you?
Angel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looked around at the assembled crowd with some surprise but smiled broadly at her friend when she saw him.

“Hi Rabbit! Is there a reason why you’re travelling with so many people? I’m not sure who Kayaku-taun is but the house is nice, I’ve still got to settle in properly and make it more homey. I must admit to being a little nervous at the moment, I really shouldn’t be surprised that your guards don’t trust me, guards never do for some mysterious reason…”

Angel realised she was babbling and stopped for breath, after a few seconds she spoke again.

“Um, is this a Palaquin? I’ve heard of them but never seen one before. It’s always seemed a strange way to travel around. Your man said something about an Izakaya, I’m really sorry but I’m still not good with names or places in Thunderese, where is that?”

She pulled her hood over her head to form some cover from the sun, it was still far too bright for her this early in the Summer.

“Is your weather always like this?”

usagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a polite bow, Usagi lets angels the questions wash over him before going to address them one by one, where to begin?

with a wry smile,
Well Keshi has usually been blessed with good weather, warm summers often bring some beneficial storms and promise of a good harvest.
As to Kayaku-taun, Usagi goes and gestures dramatically towards the large settlement they stand on the outskirts of, you I believe have been calling it gunpowder town. It holds a somewhat special place to me, when my lord assigned me to look after the refugees from the demon war, this is what we built together, a new home, a new vision.
All these people with me today are here to help keep record of how the town is progressing, address and note the concerns of those living here and sort out the documents of those staying, those leaving and any supplies required by either. for the most part I'm just officiating the process today. Though a few of the smiths do enjoy making a ceremony of presenting some examples of their works as gifts which I do enjoy.
I was hoping you would help with examining some of the forges and talking to some of the smiths.
The Palaquins more of a ceremonial way to get around and the people do enjoy a bit of a show, if you want you are welcome to join me on it today, it is rather comfortable.
Afterwards we shall show you the new Izakaya, it doesn't translate well but it has similarities to your mead halls? Inns? Public house? not quite the same but similarities.
Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She smiled broadly, this was not how she'd imagined spending her day.

"Well, they are two things that I love - Smithing and touring Inns! If any of the Smiths are Thunderese I would very much like to talk to them, I need to learn about how different cultures treat the soul of Metal. The Thunders seem to have a beautiful and respectful way of Smithing, especially as it seems that the ore deposits aren't always reliable around here."

She cast a quizzical eye to the town, then on to the Palanquin. Smiling and giving her best effort at a respectful bow she stepped forward.

"I would love to, it's not like this is ever going to happen to me again! I accept your invitation to an inspection of Kayaku-Taun and refreshments afterward... uh.. Usagi-sama?? Lead on!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: