www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Broken Swords, Shattered Souls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasori

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Broken Swords, Shattered Souls Reply with quote

The Sun blazes once more down from its position in the celestial Heavens. The Thunder of the horses hooves rises above the clatter of arms and armour. The Standard of the Chōsokabe clan fluttered in the Breeze above the riders. The peasants bowed their heads in respect as the armed group made their way past. None daring to raise their eyes to meet the stern gaze of their betters.

Beside a running stream the group were given the order to stop for refreshment. Weary men jumped from the backs of horses before Ashigaru atttendants took their reigns taking the noble war Beasts to the Water to refresh themselves.

Lord Sasori dismounted his own horse, The lord of Keshi flexed his shoulders before taking the water offered by his sandal bearer.

"All of this effort" the voice was low and somewhat tired "One hopes the honored Master Wang has not summoned me half way across the country to chase Kappa from the monastery tranquility pond"

The water was cooling and pleasant "Though I shall admit being so close to Sanctuary is concerning. One hopes the rebels will remember their place and the sanctity of the monastery"
usagi

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raising his head and breathing in deeply, Usagi allows the sounds and smells of this place to fill him and invade his thoughts for but a moment before returning to his assembled entourage.

'One would hope so indeed Sasori-dono, but a snake is a snake indeed even when it tries to walk upright'
'Best to be on guard when our paths inevitably cross, lest we find ourselves the ones bitten'
usagi

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that does remind me of an old tale.

With A gesture Usagi signaled for tea to be prepared and found himself a nice spot in the sun by the stream to kneel down and contemplate, speaking the strands of this tale as it came to him.

Once a long time ago my wife and I were very busy completing a set of challenges the great white tiger of heaven had set us, we we're trying to earn something of great value that was in his possession, of great importance....Usagi drifts for a moment caught up by what could be a memory.
Anyway, of the tasks he had set us we started with what we thought to be the easiest, it involved a great grand snake, this gargantuan man eater had devoured one of the white tigers favored priests and angered him greatly, our first challenge was to try bring this monster to him. Locating the snake was not difficult though that was not the challenge, we hid nearby and spied upon it for sometime, it was relaxing and warming itself in the noonday sun much like we are doing right now, though you could see the little...bulges along him, evidence of his recent...snacks.
My wife was the first to come up with a plan, we discussed, fled, prepared and returned determined not to fall at the first hurdle like so many others had.
As is polite we announced ourselves as we approached the snake, carrying on our shoulders the longest tree we could find.
'Greetings most honored snake' We said in unison together, the snake seemed surprised at first but far to relaxed in the sun to consider moving, its long tongue tasted the air and its eyes narrowed with its sickeningly sweet voice it replied 'You are far from your homes swift ones, yet you are well spoken enough, few come to me let alone speak without tremble, why are you here listeners? my wife took over from there, 'Most honored snake we have listened and heard indeed that you just might be the longest and largest of your kind this land has ever known, we are here to prove it and record it such you may be known forever in the records, if only you would be so kind to allow us, we shall measure you against this tree we have brought'
oh you could almost see the pride swell behind his eyes 'indeed? it is true never has there been a snake as grand as I, come gazers approach and measure, so that my greatness shall be known and increased'.
and so we did, placing the long tree next to him we went about our pretend task but as expected the snake could never fully straighten himself out against our tree, always coiling slightly, twisting and curling as snakes do, we tutted for sometime with the conundrum asking the snake to stretch out as best he could but never to our satisfaction for accuracy, until we suggested to him that we simply tie him along the tree to get him as straight as possible only then could we properly record him, he considered for a moment and agreed, not one to miss the chance to be recorded for the great records.
Of course as soon as we had him tied up we simply lifted our now prisoner up between us and walked off with him down the secret paths to heaven, oh he hissed and spat and struggled but it was no use, and the great white tiger was most pleased when we brought the man-eater to him, our first task completed.
Lotti

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I almost feel a pang of sympathy for the snake..." Mirshuko commented thoughtfully.

"But then is it wise to afford sympathy to those who think themselves untouchable and beyond repercussion? The snake was cunning enough to make a meal of the priest yet he was caught inattentive and lazing, what wits he possessed hindered by his disproportionate view of his own prowess" Her gaze was on the river's changing colours; glistening ripples of silver momentarily lost in the shadows of rolling clouds far above.

"Although I suspect his humiliation was the least of his troubles where he was going" Her voice levelling gently as though she were lost in thought for a fleeting moment "....In any case, that was a good telling Usagi-sama, may we all be more astute than the snake in the days that come."
Sasori

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a brief moment of amusement under the menpo mask of the Lord of Keshi as he considers the morality of the tale told to him by Usagi. Leaning under a tress to shade himself from the worst of the head of the noonday sun Sasori takes another deep draft from his water before he answers

"An interesting Tale Usagi-San" Sasori keeps his tone measured and sincere. "In answer I pose this, If one is faced with an Evil that no good can vanquish does one stain ones own hands with evil in order to defeat it, or does one succumb to evil through ones own inaction. Accept damnation through the wish for purity"
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a deep breath Sasori looks out over the lowlands that even now start to ascend towards the mountain range feet. His hand falls for a moment to the sword hanging in his Obi belt as he contemplates for a moment the poetry of existence. The same tragic interplay of tragedy and comedy. It is an interesting feeling the Lord mused ...The right to rule given by birth and the divine will of fate.

When next he spoke it was in a tone that carried. Each man who had been seeing to their libations froze then snapped to attention to hear their lords words.

"All men, are not created Equal. Some are born swifter of foot and others with greater beauty. Both in birth and upbringing the gods give us each our own gifts. That is what we have struggle and the march of progress. Sanctuary seeks to make equality a right thus breaking the tradition of the superiority we are given by Virtue of divine mandate"

Pausing for Dramatic effect

"We have been grated the stewardship of existence by the Celestial Hierarchy. I will not allow those who are supposed toil think themselves the masters over what has been ordained for us to rule. The air itself feels like it has done many times in my lifetime. It is charged with the energy that only comes about through the preparation for some great conflict. War is I feel once more on the horizon"

"However, the Emperor in his wisdom has commanded that the Foxes are not allowed among the Chickens yet. This is a pity for the peasants need a lesson in manners. But now we shall hold true to his imperial Majesty's command. However should Sanctuary be the ones to level insult or blades then we can but answer as we would should do if any peasant showed us such disrespect"

"So I have an order to give at this point Samurai Chōsokabe-clan...None of you will be the first to open any hostilities with Sanctuary. We shall smile, pour them Saki and come together in the spirit of cooperation. However should they be the ones to draw steel then we shall drown their pathetic state in blood. Their children shall watch as their fathers are crucified and their mothers are given as gifts to the Eta. We shall not start this conflagration but with the Gods as my witness should it start then we shall end it"

When lord Sasori finishes there is the sound of fists beating upon armoured breastplates

Calls of "Shōri" "Shōri" "Shōri" split the air

Victory Victory Victory
Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiro Kage joined in with the chant for victory, his Tanuki voice roared loudly for his lord Sasori. After the reverly ended he vigilantly paced around the outskirts of the temporary encampment as a good yojimbo does. Contemplating words of retaliation against the upstart peasantry of Sanctuary made the Tanuki lick his lips in anticipation of the blood.
A stirring in his spirit awoke....

Courtesy shall be afforded these blasphemers even if they do not deserve it. For it is the loyal and honourable thing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: