www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Diary Entry June

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nadiyha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Diary Entry June Reply with quote

There is no peace here in this place, no quiet, no calm, no silence. I'm surrounded by an army and all I want is five minutes of blissful silence. I can not even hear myself think, let alone learn to listen to the earth beneath my feet. I wish I knew enough about the surrounding lands to be able to wander out into them, but id only end up a snack for some unseen danger, I should have just followed Lord Bunny back to The Thunders. Curse my curiosity! This need to learn new things will be my downfall one day I suspect. If I could just get a handle on how to cleanse these wounds I'd be able to go home and see Grandfather. I have questions that need answers. Why does Tarin keep asking why I'm wearing his family crest. What is his obsession with my pendant? Sigh, looks like I have used up all of this short break, my taskmaster is approaching and there is still much to learn. Till the next time.

Last edited by Nadiyha on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
buzz6306

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarin approached nadiyha quietly it had been a few sleepless nights he didnít want to fuck this up he had been entrusted with a great task and he wasnít going to fail he had turned new Tara into a training camp but supplyís where a worry to him they where basic and as it stood there was only a 3 month supply he was hoping his friends could send him supplyís soon

Then there was this girl Nadiyha who wore his family crest

Tarin had two practice swords in his belt

Nadiyha come with me he said in a soft friendly voice and walked with here onto the ramparts he looked down on the camp and asked so whatís with you wearing my family crest??

As he said this he drew the swords and threw one to her

Prepare to defend yourself he said as she caught the sword and he swung his sword at her

ooc Steve
Nadiyha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"come with me," he said as he walked past her and up the rampart. What could possibly be up there that was so important that he felt the need to disturb her? Was 5 minute of peace to much to ask for.
With a sigh, Nadiyha followed Tarin up to the rampart. She was about to ask him what he wanted but the view stopped her in her tracks. What she had thought was a tiny cramped little slice of hell, was, in fact, a small sprawling city-sized camp. When had this popped up? Where had all these people arrived? Why had She not noticed? What was that empty space to left, and when could she go exploring? New Tara was so much bigger than she had imagined, she couldn't wait to explore it. A familiar sense of wonder was beginning to stir within her, a new curiosity and it was all hers to explore and uncover.
Tarin said some but she was so engrossed in her new found wonder that it came through as nothing more than a jumbled mess.
"Crap," she thought to herself, she had no idea what he had just said. She turned to apologize to him, only to find he had tossed something at her. Reflexes kicked in and she caught the object. She had hardly had time to register what it was when he told her to "defend herself"
"Wait, what!"
That's all she had time to say before he swang at her.
She wasn't prepared for a fight, she wasn't even prepared for a play fight. She scrambled to put her sword between herself and his.
"What the hell old man!"
Her hand reverberated with the shock from his blow.
"I'm not one of your soldiers and I didn't come to learn to be one. What the hell are you playing at?".

Last edited by Nadiyha on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
buzz6306

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarin smiled as he stepped past and slapped her backside with the flat of his blade

You came here to learn how to look after your Patients when fighting vampires well I am teaching you how are you going to treat them if you cannot stand your ground against one of them when they come to finish them off?? Your not!! Young lady!!

He smiled again and swung his sword in a lazy swing

I like that you ignored my question what is with you wearing my family crest??

ooc Steve
Nadiyha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nadiyha squeaked aloud. Yep that smarts, that's going to leave a mark in the morning. Cocky twat!

"I came to learn how to heal, not how to swing a sword at an enemy I've no place facing and you are not the first to speak those words to me old man. I know how to stand my ground when the fallen are behind me. I've had that lesson drilled into me by a man who makes you look like the god of forgiveness and rainbows. Don't presume you know what I can and can not do. You only seek to teach me how to fight your enemies for you. I seek to save the injured from becoming dinner, or worse."

"But fine old man, if it's standing my ground you want then it's what you'll get".

The words echoed in her head from lessons past.
"You need a solid foundation, a strong stance, good!"
"you're not a human stop thinking like one."
"You're flailing like some willow sapling in a storm, are you a willow sapling Hafwyn"?
"Defend your friends little one or they are going to be very sorry, very quickly"
"Too slow little one, again!"

Old men, they were all the same, so pushy, so ridged, so predictable. She saw his lazy swing and stepped inside his reach. His far exceeded hers so she would.take that advantage away from him. She swung low as she stepped forward.

Why does anybody wear a family crest Old man?"

Last edited by Nadiyha on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 am; edited 4 times in total
buzz6306

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarin stepped back fast as he saw Nadiyha step in but her words caught him of guard and he slipped leaving himself open he hurriedly blocked her strike barely making it
His eyes flashed with anger

I donít need a young one to fight my battles child I have stood against things I pray to the star mother you never have to see
He stepped forward and hit hard at her guard again and again forcing her to step back
I faced true horror I fought in the demon wars I fought vampires and I know what they can do

He threw his sword to the ground it bounced of the stones and slid to a halt at her feet

I donít train you for you to fight my battles he said softly

Then in a booming shout that all could hear I train you and all these people so that if I fail you stand a chance against creatures that are faster than you who can take enourmous amounts of damage and can use your mind against you and turn you against your very friends

He dropped to a knee breathing deep

If you believe that I wish you to fight for me child you are mistaken I wish to train you so you can do what I failed to do and keep your friends alive

Tarin stood walked to the wall and jumped onto it and sat with his legs over the side the words she had said forgotten for now in his anger

He stared out into the world

It is not your victories you remember child but those who you lost

From edika a woman who I still love and always will
To my brothers who gave there lives to help us complete the long walk
To the prophet Tsren who gave his life so we could keep going
Lady Aggie mal jaunty
And the star mother
Thatís to name but a few

So the choice is yours you train or you become another name I remember on the list of the fallen

ooc Steve
Nadiyha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The anger she could have fought, that's an easy emotion, it can be turned inwards, it can be twisted and used against its wielder.

Rage was quick to bloom and just as quick to fizzle out.

But regret, that will eat you up from the inside out and spit you out as it walks over you.

Youth was a curse some days, it was rife with episodes of anger and rage, and fraught with a minefield sown with regret.

Nadiyha was past being angry at Tarin's word and her rage has fizzled when he had spoken words from the heart. Regret was now eating her up. Regret at her harsh words, regret at her actions, and her shameful lack of respect towards him.

She placed her sword on the wall and did something she hadn't done in quite some time, not since she was young when she was less than she is now.

Nadiyha knelt behind Tarin, looking at the floor.
"My words were harsh and I did not think them through, I spoke in haste and anger. I do not think that you seek only to throw people at your enemies. I don't know the things you've done, or the losses you've suffered. I apologise.
What can I do to make amends for my transgressions my Lord"?

Last edited by Nadiyha on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
buzz6306

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stand up my friend you never kneel to me he spoke

I do not hold you words against you my child I have said things in anger which I will regret till the day I die I accept you apology just remember that sometimes you say things and you will never get a chance to say Iím sorry I didnít with edika come with me he walked away down the ramparts to his favourite spot where it was quite

This is where I come to sit and think of her it is a quite spot it is yours now
I expect you in the court yard in an hour to rejoin the training until then your time is your own

He left her stood there and walked back to his 20 men and drew his sword right then he said
The first one of you to put me down gets tomorrow off he lifted his shield and cried out in joy as the first man charged him he smashed the hilt of his sword into is stomach and kicked him over with a firm foot to the backside and shouted next

ooc Steve
Nadiyha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diary entry-

Well, I'm back. Though I have nothing good to write, I have failed to uphold my training. I inflicted un-necessary wounds with words spoken in anger, and I spoke them with the sole purpose of shocking my target to incapacitate them. Such cruelty in so few a words, I've brought myself low today. Although he says I've no need to kneel and apologize, I do not yet feel the scales are rebalanced. He's old and stubborn but I'm not so blind, I can see he tired of losing everybody. perhaps if I go and do this "training" he speaks of, it might ease some of his worries.

But that is enough on my failings. As I write this, Tarin is unleashing hell upon some of his men, I pity them their task. I wonder how many he will get through before one of them knocks him down and earns the fabled "day off". I might just go and administer some first aid to them, they are, after all, suffering because of my actions.

I've yet again managed to distract him from his questions. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep him from this course. I need to speak to Grandfather and soon.

Last edited by Nadiyha on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nadiyha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hour she had been given was almost up. She lamented having to leave this place, it was quiet and peaceful, exactly what she had wanted. Yet, none of it had silenced the many questions that rattled around in her head. None of it had erased the shame she felt at her actions earlier, nor had it helped ease her regret. No, unfortunately this place wouldn't do that, only actions would ease those burdens. Her old teacher would have been thoroughly disappointed in her actions earlier, he had taught her better. He had taught her many things and she had been listening to his voice echo in her head for the past hour. She could see his frown, and hear his graveled voice.

"You're letting your anger drive the cart, get a hold of the reigns or you're going to die when it crashes".

"You think you're the first person to ever have regrets? Stop crying over it and go fix it"

"stop fucking it up little one!"

"You don't have the luxury of time to go cry and lick your wounds. Get up and fight."

Tarin was so much like him, it was freaky. Were all old men cut from the same cloth or did they just attended an old grumpy man class after 500 years or so? She shook the image of them from her head, she had stalled long enough.

As Nadiyha got up to leave she heard another echo, another voice from home, another memory of days gone by.

"Everything is a dance, you just need to learn the steps and then make them your own."

They had been right then, and they were still right. Time to make this training her own.

"Sigh". Nadiyha really needed to go home and be with her people. She was feeling lost, and overwhelmed by the enormity of the world she had ventured into.

"NowÖ which way was this courtyard again?" Nadiyha said to herself as she scooped up the training swords and left the trees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: