www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
"Before the Storm one bows, or breaks"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasori

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: "Before the Storm one bows, or breaks" Reply with quote

Salem was a land of many contradictory logic's. On the one hand they bows their heads in the reverence of an absentee god in whom they placed their faith that he as yet watched over them but on the other they still drank, gambled and fornicated as much as any other Culture in the shards. Who could blame them when in their ignorance the forest was dark and filled with monsters as that is what they had been instructed since childhood. One could almost pity these barbarians for their ignorance and how comical it all seemed. Were it not something they were commit innocent souls to the flame to protect it would be laughable

Zaizen pulled the cloth around his face as he Rode it would not do to be seen as an anathema by these brutish commoners. They feared what they did not understand it was natural but in the Thunders one is instructed to give respect to station and that Kami and the Oni were to be respected with reverence and fear. His garb itched but it was a botheration he would endure for the time being how under the heavens the nobles of Salem could wear this lace was beyond him it itched the skin unceasingly

These foolish people would never know had it not been for their efforts in the cover up within the mention of the Wexler Family he pondered how many of these people going about their lives would have been caught in the inferno of religious hatred...

"Can anyone tell me how long till we reach the portal, I want to be out of this costume and have something to eat that is not soaked in grease"

The voice was calm and showed little trace of the displeasure that bubbled beneath the surface
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisakawa pulled his own dark plain hood closer around his face. His hands reached for his ears to check they were still no longer pointed. The metallic taste would not leave his mouth despite numerous reassurances that his teeth had returned to their normal enamel. Shugi shuddered as he recalled what the grasslich had coaxed him into doing. No, what he was capable of.

"I believe its still going to be a few more hours before we reach the portal Lord Chosokabe, and then most likely even more time waiting for our turn to travel through them. I just hope once we are there that I can spend my time with the clan even though I am heading for a different destination. I suppose we shall see. I really pray that dwarven cuisine is at least a bit more palatable".

Hisakawa looked at his lord as they rode, meeting his eyes and seeing the deep contemplation and serious mood. If it was their recent adventure or the ongoing war he could tell that perhaps a more positive topic might be in order.

"We should take pride that we succeeded with our objective. We seem to have made an excellent impression on Lady Wexler and convinced her of the legitimacy of our war. I am sure this will spread first across Salem and then the rest of the shards if we are lucky. Are you pleased with this my Lord?"
Sasori

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai, Lord snow once shared some of the Dwarven Liquor with me and though it was rather sweet it was not to my pallet but maybe you might find it more pleasing then I did. Other then that in all frankness I have no idea what it is that those folk of the mountains consume. Though it cannot be worse then what Lord Usagis retainers described as the food in the institute of curiosities from how that was described they had discovered as an yet unexplored realm in the Thousand Hells"

Straightening to his Full height Zaizen worked his shoulders attempting to aid the circulation in them. Having to Hide from a Human Wretch of a lesser Deity in a haystack it still left a knot in his back,

"I should send my Acupressure bill to his holiness the Pontiff due to the zealous nature of his Witch Hunters I feel as though I had been trodden on by every Kappa in the Yellow River"

He pauses for a moment "No wonder this country has been nearly overrun by every great evil the world has to offer, the Peasants are ignorant and offish and the Nobles ....At least Lady Wexler was charming"
usagi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Lady Wexler was well worth meeting and one I would enjoy to have tea with in the future.

Though you make an interesting point my lord, those of Salem have dealt with many great threats, demons, vampires, wars, conspiracies....politics, yet the people remain standing, they follow there own traditions, work land forge and sea, there is much fear in them, well earned fear, yet they continue to face it, I suppose perseverance is something that can at least be respected. Thinking further, that might be what we found in Lady Wexler.
Sasori

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The contemplations on the rabbits words took a few moments to digest before Lord Zaizen responded

"Hai in Salem I should think that one either becomes formidable or else one is crushed on the wayside, be it by Faith for the slow grinding ignorance of doubt in all honesty I did not perceive either to be the case when it came to the matter of our hostess"

Looking back to the saddle bag that was slung on the flanks of his horse where the copy of the Salmite holy book was stored he continued

"Were I her father from whatever place it is that the souls of the Dead of this land look upon the world I would have been very proud of her that day"
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shugi scratches his chin, contemplating something as he looks around at the world continuing to turn despite their adventures. People going about their lives, talking and laughing with one another and making a hard earned living

"Perhaps, my lord, our position causes our perception on things to be exceptional to the norm".

He pauses, letting everyone contemplate the words for a moment as he looks for any painkillers he may have had in his medical packs to ease his Lord's aching back. Coming up empty, Shugi continues.

"We face the supernatural on a constant basis. Fate deigns to send us to places of exceptional danger as if it were simply our business. But most people in this world will see magic maybe once or twice in their lives. These monsters will remain myths, shadows in the corners of their world in which they shall remain. We may marvel as to how there could even be people left in Salem considering the hardships, but in fairness its people probably live a normal and unassuming life for the most part."
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiro Kage sniffed the air, the journey back had been more or less uneventful but his ears twitched with every sound, ever the vigilant yojimbo to Lord Zaizen.

"My lord," Kage began, "I find myself respecting the conviction of the Salemites, albeit misplaced. They have rules that they follow and dark magics that they outlaw. They understand order, if not in a more crude manner to the celestial order and the Celestial Dragon. Conviction, like any of the tenets of bushido, seems to overlap with virtue. It merits sincerity, a form of honour and a respect of duty. While it may be blinded with ignorance, I find myself unable to doubt their hearts. Conviction bears many of the merit of the commitment we expect in the Thunders does it not?"
usagi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his ears give a sudden twitch as a memory comes to the surface.

Hisakawa-san, a while ago I had a discussion with the good abbot about the various natures of the world and the gods, I found it surprising that while I think or maybe thought that the worlds flows naturally towards a balance with itself and establishing a new status quo should it be shaken one way or the other, the abbot considered that the world naturally flowed toward the darker things, the base desires, the little and greater evils, weighed down by vices and sins.

Tanuki-san, you've now had the chance to see a sliver of the other shards by now and measure them fairly against the tenets and paths, be it of the warrior or the way of walking alone, it is written that one should try learn a thousand things from one thing, as an architect builds a grand structure from a small one.

So the question I pose to the all of you, though you need not provide me an answer, we're all from very different lives, families and histories, which way does the world flow to you?
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shugi ponders the nature of the question, letting it hang in the air before reaching a conclusion.

"Usagi-sama, I believe I have heard of the concept the Abbot speaks of. Within the circles of academia that our outings have given me the privilege of listening to this is called entropy. It's merely the idea that everything naturally heads towards a state of disorder. A state with the least amount of energy. The log once burned cannot be unburned, that sort of thing.

However, I believe that the world does not simply flow in this downward curve towards debauchery and sin. I believe the world cycles instead. As Spring turns to Autumn turns to winter, we tend towards the darker things. We grow older, our minds become scarred by the events we have experienced. We sin, and it becomes easier to sin.

But Winter turns to Spring and Summer. We have children, who see the world with light and try to bring the energy of youth to enact positive change. The fallen rotting log becomes the nourishment for a new seed to spring tall. The status quo is dynamic in my eyes, we shift from darkness to light. Some of us only exist in one or the other. The bear only lives in the light and hibernates through the dark, but without the dark he would not have that natural rhythm and this would surely be detrimental.

I hope this is at least an interesting answer to you Usagi-sama"
Sasori

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Morality is that great Bulwark that separates the elements of our twin Souls both the high and the low. The low soul represents desire in all of its forms be this Desire for Glory or indeed Desire for carnal flesh. It is the struggle of the moral man to accept the fact that these desires exist but also in one way or another to balance them with higher ideals such as loyalty, compassion and courage. Bushido teaches us to be more than we are and to strive for the betterment of ourselves and those whom we protect on a daily basis. No challenge that is easy is itself a challenge after all" the Lord spoke as if he were far away his eyes fixated on the distant Horizon.

"Salem has too much fear, they Fear the concept of their God's divine wrath, along with their Lords tax collectors and bailiffs. They fear knowledge for the possession of such was wants to invite the Wrath of their Masters priesthood upon their head. Their Lords do not serve to protect the people merely to aggrandize themselves before the church and they're Emperor. Some like the Duke of saxony I believe do possess the best interests of his people close to his heart it is a shame that many more do not see it as such"

"Were his imperial Majesty's reasonings not corrupted, Salem would have made a good Vassal to the Iron Throne"
usagi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A well thought out answer Hisakawa-san, it shows a good amount of perception for what you have noticed in your surroundings, some philosophical thinking both taught and self developed and all tempered with some personal experience, hold onto it a while, ask yourself the question again a few years from now and see what if anything has changed."

"That would of been interesting Chosokabe-dono but maybe for the best we do not dwell on such thoughts, I do wonder if there's a book somewhere that details the could bes and might ofs should things have been different, but thats a dangerous trap to fall into, such endless possibilities are easy to get lost in."

"We both know that there will be battles to fight here in the future, it'll be interesting to see where this place grows and where it withers.
The good lord knows to take his lessons where he can, less we repeat their mistakes and they ours. Mayhaps there's a chance however slim for a bit more prosperity and joy in this world. "

Usagi turns his attention to the looming horizon, letting the silence become a time for quiet contemplation, one journey will soon become another.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: