www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
"Maps are Paper, Flags are Cloth"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasori

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: "Maps are Paper, Flags are Cloth" Reply with quote

The air within the command tent was tense, there was an undercurrent of energy that belied the sedate nature of the conversation. Those seated were done so around a large table that was almost completely obscured by maps and other papers containing upon them reports and invoices. War was after all the business of a Samurai and just as every shop keeper would know the nature of his stock or wares so it was a general needed the information as it pertained his army within easy reach.

Seated at the Head of the table Zaizen adjusted his memo to sit more comfortably on his face. Many of the Samurai noted on the lists of names had fought under his command during the closing act of the demon war and he was sure they would remember the taste of victory he had given them then and so would come to crave more. The concept allowed a small smile to form under his mask hidden for all save him. Indeed soon they would taste the sweet nectar of success once again

"Allow me to make this clear" the voice was little more than a whisper but seemed to carry to all those in attendance "I will not allow lives to be squandered needlessly, we shall allow any man, woman or child who surrenders to us from the Sanctuary to be spared. We shall not burn their homes or plunder their farms. We have come to bring Sanctuary back into the fold and this cannot be done through the spilling of needless blood. Those who refuse our peace, however, are to be considered as nothing more than disruptive peasants and dealt with accordingly"

It was a shame Zaizen knew that many would opt to fight for this concept of equality. It was always a funny concept when to turn over in one's mind, all peoples were never created equal and those who exposed this corrosive concept needed to be punished for their audacity.

"I assume I am understood in this order" the last comment hung in the air as those others seated in the room were given the chance to answer
usagi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hai'
Usagi nods his head contemplating the difficulties ahead for enforcing this order, the war will be bloody, he knew that but every drop of blood spared is a potential life saved, control what one can and don't be controlled by thoughts of endless possibilities.

"My lord, this war will be fought on many fronts, not just the battlefield and we must act swiftly and decisively as we ever have.
You are a well known hero of the shogunate, come to save the people of sanctuary from the corruption they find themselves drowning in, use this."

pulling out a fan from within his sleeves usagi begins to wave away the unseasonable heat. his mind focusing on the business at hand.
"I have drawn up the plans you desired for additional night time protections to limit effective ambushes, it will be taxing on a few of us but meet your needs."
Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiro Kage bowed to indicate a contribution. The Tanuki advised,
"Most wise and honourable action my Lord. Courtesy and Compassion upheld when meeting the Sanctuary populace. They will learn the power of Bushido and that their old masters spread propaganda against us. Assuming the other Lords instruct their Samurai to follow the path of balance. Perhaps this message could be shared with the Shogun and the war council. Fear is a bad Foundation to rule a conquered people."
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai Usagi-San" Zaizen spends a few moments looking over the plans presented to him by the Kami. The detail was impressive but then again after all this time, he would have expected no less from the Ancient. "These are impressive, in that case, I name you commander of the Watch. You and your men shall have the honor of protecting the camp while we sleep" Notes to this effect were drawn up quickly and presented in a stiff formal manner before the general turned his attention else where

"I also name Fukurō Nobuhide and Shugi Hisakawa to the Joint role of Quater master general" once again documents to that effect are quickly drawn up and distributed "Fukurō-San, In order to propagate this war we will need to make sure we have enough rice to continue the march, doubly so as I have ordered there to be no looting of homes that surrender peacefully. Scantury has proven in the past that they are willing to use their machines in order to commit acts of unspeakable dishonor so we must assume they may attempt to position or despoil the stores you must make every effort to stop them" Before turning to the other Samurai and adding " Hisakawa-San there are a great number of new inventions from our peoples perspective here so you will need to ration things like powder and such from Gunpowder Town. There will also be the wounded who will require tending but that I leave in your hands"

"Ichiro-San, That is wise and sage counsel as always and I will voice it to my fellows when given the opportunity, however, in all honesty, we must attempt to be the beacons of Bushido to inspire others around us. With that in mind when the coming battle breaks will you take on the honor of the carrying of the generals Standard...It is a great responsibility I ask you to undertake but there is no one I would rather see bare my arms and inspire the men forward with acts of courage ?"
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisakawa Shugi bows low to his lord "This is a task I accept with pride and honour Chosokabe-dono. I shall perform this task to the best of my abilities".

Hisakawa then turns to the owl, and bows to him. "Nobuhide-san, I look forward to working with you. I will admit now I have little experience or skill at the mathematics of resource management, so I leave this area for you. I am both a physician and a craftsmen however, so I shall liaise with the field medics in authority and the officer in charge of the firearms wielding soldiers and give you thorough reports as to their needs in terms of equipment and supplies. I'll be able to cut through their jargon hopefully and understand their needs. Does this sound like an agreeable course of action to you?"

While waiting for Fukurō to contemplate his plan of action he turns back to Lord Chosokabe, drawing several vials from his robes and presenting them. "My Lord, while I have your attention. You are aware that I acquired several of their mechanical insects from our adventures. Well I did get hold of several intact, with their poison vials. Perhaps your alchemists could look into an anti-venom for it using these samples? Those who work under me have also been studying the insects and I shall task them to find a way to counter this annoyance if it pleases you?"

With that the samurai begins looking over the documents for those he needs to converse with as part of his new role, keeping his ears and concentration to the war meeting at hand.
Fukuro-san

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Shugi finished his conversation with their Lord, Fukuro stared thoughtfully into the middle distance, tilting his head one way, then the other, before simply nodding.

"Dono, I would take my leave, there is thought to be considered, and it is best done in the presence of my fellow birds" says Fukuro-san, his eyes directed to the floor even as his voice is directed at his Lord.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: