www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
"Sentinels in the stars"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasori

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: "Sentinels in the stars" Reply with quote

The coolness of night had descended over the Island of Keshi. The sun has blazed from overhead as it only could in the height of the Thunderese summer but now in its absence the land seemed to heave its own sigh of relief. Sitting in his Pagoda sipping sweet honeyed water the lord of Keshi was thoughtful. The world was about to change once again as it only could in times of greatest conflict. When much blood was shed and empires rolled the dice on their continued existence or their fall into history.

His eyes glanced upwards to the stars strewn across the night skies. How many victories had you seen and how many defeats. How many men upon the battlefield had looked into heaven and offered anything for a reprieve from the darkness that was threatening to overcome them ...Had you cared he pondered or had you just stayed as silent sentinels warding back the darkness

Without looking to his attendant Zaizen spoke "Summon my retainers to attend me" his voice was even and calm "Tell them it is time to talk of the future"

There was a rustle of silk as the kneeling retainer bowed before moving with speed into the night to rouse those summoned.
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The retainers of Lord Chosokabe who could be summoned arrived at a reasonable speed. Many of them had not yet slumbered, opting to enjoy the respite from the sweltering day the coolness provided. Or to enjoy the silence usually filled with the constant chirping of cicadas.

Hisakawa had managed to grab a bottle of sake on his way and began pouring a drink for each of his companions as they gathered around the pagoda

"You wish to speak of the future my lord? That is all the attendant could tell me but my assumption is you wish to speak of the coming war?" The samurai's voice was sombre, as if he had contemplated the weight of the words for many nights "at least, that is the only future event I can think of that would warrant our time and attention at this late hour".
Sasori

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai Hisakawa-San" Zaizen nodded lifting the Saki cup to his lips before taking a long draft from the bracing liquid, feeling it fill his insides with fire. There was a simple purity in Sake that both noble and commoner could not help but marvel at as in many ways it was the same with the Thunders.

"The Last time we fought the Sanctuary it was carnage on both sides, many lives were ended and yet we came to a bloody stalemate. We were thrown back time and time again our honor no match for the foul and alien might brought to bare against us" Lord Chosokabe trailed off as he remembered the scenes of carnage. The killing fields where the Katana and the matchlock were pitted against one another and where the only true victor had been the spectre of death who stalked the field.

"This cannot be allowed to happen again, this war must be as brief as it can be made. Though I do not think that either side will now back down until one stands as ultimate victor" The now empty Saki cup is placed on the table next to where the lord Sat "We must bring the Sanctuary to heel so that the Thunders can be healed and made whole again under the guardianship of the Samurai once more. This might not be a war fought with the will of heaven but it is a war that will create great Heros who will be venerated for generations to come...And those who walk into battle with the Icon of the Celestial Dragon and prove his resurgent majesty will go a long way to assuring the people that he is both alive and still watching over them "

"So with that in mind you have been asked here, all of you in order to grant me your aid" the cool green eyes look over each seated person in turn "How can we win this way and heal the bleeding, festering wounds that now infect it ?"
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young samurai spoke up first, "Lord Chosokabe, I shall offer up my plans for the war effort and I hope it pleases the court". Finishing his sake and looking around at the rest of those gathered Hisakawa draws a notebook from his ever present bag and beings scrawling through it in the moonlight.

"According to my current plans, which seem to change often as we go off on our adventures, I should be sufficiently skilled to get Lord Snow's gift operational within a year or so. I have no knowledge of the technology currently so I believe that may even be an optimistic estimate". Shugi sighs deeply at the thought of the long year ahead "I'm afraid these things take time to learn and perhaps if we are lucky Sanctuary will fall before then, but that looks unlikely".

Flipping forward in his notebook and smoothing out his yukata Hisakawa then looks to Mirshuko. "If the war continues beyond that construction my intention was to focus my efforts on the medical field, something I assume that Mirshuko-sama would be interested in pursuing. Whether this is by training new medics to deploy or setting up hospitals to treat our soldiers we can decide at a later date."

Hisakawa considers the thunders way of life. There were rules for war. There was honour to be gained in war. The rules made medical aid difficult. "I know many thunderese wish to die with honour. But our enemy doesn't fight with honour" and with that Shugi spits in disgust "and experienced soldiers should not be wasted in screw rounds and mechanical insects, that is my feeling on that matter. I hope these plans bring you some joy my lord".
Sasori

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai Hisakawa-San" for a moment there was a flash of Pride in the Lords eyes as he listened to the report being offered by the man who had in so short a time become not just a Samurai but a man Zaizen had found he could respect for his wisdom. It was odd how people could change and that after all this time how one could still be surprised by their evolution into something Greater

"With that in mind" holding out his hand to his attended the man bows low before handing his lord a Rolled up scroll "I Chosokabe Zaizen, Lord of the Chosokabe and master of the Island of Keshi hereby install Hisakawa Shugi the Rank of Taisa, and captaincy of the skyship Fenikkusu ((Phoenix)). You will have my Authority to recruit any persons under my command to serve as the ships crew...I do not need to tell you how vital this endeavor might be for the coming war effort but I would trust no one with it more then you"

The scroll is handed to Shugi with a deep incline of the head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: