www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Meanwhile on the thunders.........
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rashid



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Meanwhile on the thunders......... Reply with quote

Chōsokabe Kenshin paused in his reading as a messenger entered his office sweating heavily and dropped into a formal bow. He returned to his reading for exactly 5 minutes to indicate his displeasure that permission had not been requested or granted to enter his office before speaking a single word "Speak".

The messenger raised his eyes from the floor and held out a bound scroll "Master, the noble overseer Hiroku commanded i bring this message to you."

Kenshin accepted the scroll and glanced at the messenger "Begone". He opened the message and as he read a look of concern flashed across his face. He clapped his hands twice and a servant rushed into the room falling to his knees. "Bear word before me i need to speak with our lord immediately."

The servant rushed from the room and Kenshin unhurriedly rose to his feet and started walking to his lord's chamber. As he walked doors opened just before he reached them so at no point was he forced to check his stride until he reached his lord's rooms. Bowing he said "Asako-kun, i have need to speak to our lord if he has a moment to spare for his humble servant."

The samurai returned the bow and tapped three times then four on the door. The door slid open revealing a servant kneeling to the side and Lord Sasori sitting comfortably on a throne.

Kenshin entered the room dropping to his knees and bowing. "Noble lord i bring news of a disquieting nature." He paused waiting for acknowledgement
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sasori



Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Chōsokabe raised his cup to his lips taking a sip before looking down from where he is sitting to acknowledge his retainer. He Gives a polite seated bow before asking in a calm and impassive voice "Hai Chōsokabe-San and if I may ask what brings you here this evening ....May I offer tea perhaps ?"
_________________
Lord chosokabe Zaizen
Daimyō of the chosokabe clan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rashid



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noble lord, you honour me. While tea would be very welcome I must humbly decline as we may not have sufficient time to correctly prepare and serve it. I have word from the overseer of hejun village, she reports that they had not received word from kroons village for a number of days.

They investigated and the village had been destroyed. A detachment of samurai and my own people investigated and found no evidence of who attacked us. This is very suspicious so I sent an expert who reports the scene had been professionally cleaned.

I regret to report that we are under attack by another clan. None of our rivals have shown any sign of moving against us, I am afraid our enemy is unknown.
_________________
Dan - probably
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sasori



Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Chōsokabe keeps his face as impassive as ever as he places down his teacup upon the wooden table at his side.

"I see"

The voice unchanged from his offer of libations just a few moments earlier. Turning his head to his attendant kneeling on the floor the young Lord says

"Raise my senior court officals from their beds and meditation and inform them they are to wait upon me here......It seems we have matters of great importance to speak about"
_________________
Lord chosokabe Zaizen
Daimyō of the chosokabe clan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sam The Shugi



Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 14
Location: Essex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisakawa appears quite quickly, bag of medical tools in one hand and a jangling bag of spare parts in the other

"My Lord I came as quickly as I could. I was told there was an emergency what is wrong?"

Upon seeing at a glance that there was no medical emergency, Hisakawa remembers himself, stiffens up and bows, first to Lord Chosokabe and then to the Majordomo before quietly taking his place kneeling to the side of his lord.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
usagi



Joined: 08 Feb 2016
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not long before Usagi arrives, he had already been walking this direction to partake in his lords invitation to evening tea, however all illusions of a pleasant relaxing night had been quickly dispelled as he noticed the lords young attendant leaving the lords throne room and moving with great urgency.
He motions for the guard to open the door.
'My lord I have arrived as per your invitation, though for some reason I suspect we are not going to be talking about how the latest crop of tea is coming along?'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wiggins



Joined: 20 May 2016
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jian-no-Yoshiaki, a Kami Monk out of his time, is staying in the court rather than the monastery partly due to his certainty that his new purpose lies in this service as an advisor and a trainer of warriors (and partly due to the inconvenience to both parties when a subject of worship lives among worshippers whose lives revolve around preventing the slightest offense to him or his shrines. Better to let them look after things there, while he maintains order in the life of the lord of their island.)

Yoshi receives his summons, interrupting a late contemplation on the gradual changes in traditional codes of conduct over generations.

The monk readies himself within a breath, and makes haste, his hope as always that the changing tides, planar and divine will inspire further greatness in the isle of Keshi, its lord and his people.

Doubtless others quartered nearer will make their entrances first, but he will not miss much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sasori



Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kroons village" Lord Chōsokabe started as he placed his fan over his lower face to obscure it from those gathered"Has been destroyed without a trace or any survivors from what Chōsokabe Kenshin-San has just informed me. He has sent an expert in the matters to ascertain what has happened and alas thus far there is no information"

"Chōsokabe Kenshin-San from your records what can you tell me of Kroons village, It is in all honesty not a name I remember but then there are so many small villages within the domain that require seeing to"
_________________
Lord chosokabe Zaizen
Daimyō of the chosokabe clan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fukuro-san



Joined: 05 Jun 2017
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fukuro was feeding his aviary when the servant entered, falling to an instant kowtow. "I am sorry for intruding Fukuro-sama, but Chosokabe-dono summons you with all haste" said the peasant breathlessly.

"Very good" replied Fukuro, laying aside the feed, "I shall attend to it."
With those words he strode out to his Lord's chamber, informed the guard's of his identity, without any real need, and awaited the call to enter.
_________________
Hoot!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lotti



Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 81
Location: Cardiff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirshuko was not far off Fukuro's heels, slowing her pace as she approached their lord's chamber to give both he and the guard a quick glance over for telling signs of distress, she herself was barefoot and garbed in a casual plain robe, her hair let loose around her shoulders making her look every bit like she had not been expecting to be in anyone's presence all day. She nodded to the owl and without hesitation she stepped forward, her gaze sweeping the room in an assessment of those assembled, lingering just a moment longer upon the majordomo before giving her full attention to lord Chōsokabe.

With a practised air and despite her somewhat untidy appearance she bowed respectfully to her husband before sliding the strap of her tool bag from her shoulder to place it on the ground, a few streaks and smears of ink briefly visible on her fingers before she tucked them away inside her sleeves. Speaking up after a deep breath Mir, with care, addressed him slowly in just about passable commoners thunderese.

"My Lord, apologies for absence when summon. But continue, please."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rashid



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 191

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Noble lord, Kroon village is a minor collection of rice farmers near the centre of Keshi. It has no importance to any other than you as its master and its inhabitants. It stands on no road or trade route, it has no resources save a small amount of rice that is just enough to feed the 30 inhabitants after they give you the gift that your beneficence deserves." Kenshin replied.

"This is what troubles me the most, the loss of the village costs you nothing economically or militarily, politically speaking however it could have a high cost. Someone has struck at the heart of your lands, apparently passing unseen by your patrols to destroy a minor village of no real consequence. This is either a challenge, an insult or, most likely both."

"the only thing i can be sure of is this was not the work of our known rivals and enemies among the clans. I can task those who work under me to try and discover more but need your orders on how we should proceed."
_________________
Dan - probably
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe



Joined: 03 May 2016
Posts: 14
Location: Birmingham

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichiro Kage arrived a moment after Mirskuko. House guards had been rearranged to increase security around the meeting. The samurai around the palace were instructed to be extra vigilant. This was an inauspicious hour to meet. Tanuki felt it in his bones. Trouble was coming. He bowed to all present and knelt in his armour as the meeting continued.
_________________
OOC: Joe H
IC: Dr Jekyll / Mr Hyde
IC: Ichiro Kage of the Tanuki
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Sasori



Joined: 28 Oct 2016
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I see, I am sure I like the others mourn the loses inflicted by the Plague that swept through Kroon village village and hope the souls of those affected find their way along the wheel to their next incarnation." The voice speaks with absolute certainty in his words

"However every effort must be made to ensure that the infection has not spread its blight to any more villages, Ichiro-San I want you to redouble the patrols throughout the Island and order them to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary"

Turning back to the Majordomo "And of course we wish to understand how this infection was spread into our lands in order to prevent anymore such outbreaks....I would like you to leave no stone unturned in this endeavor"

"Does anyone have anything else they wish to add ?"
_________________
Lord chosokabe Zaizen
Daimyō of the chosokabe clan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
usagi



Joined: 08 Feb 2016
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilting his head for a moment Usagi considered some of the few options available carefully, some roads may have already been closed off to them, while others might still lie open, as always information is needed before walking down any of them.

'There are some details we still need to know and other details to be checked that might prove useful.'
First of all the current state of the village, destroyed is a rather non specific term and we need specifics even if its only a single wall left standing, We shall take this tragic misfortune to those who serve us extremely seriously, the small details may matter or may not but we can only decide this once we have them, at the very least we need to gather insight where we can.'
Secondly, I desire to see the last records sent out from Kroon, for anything potentially out of place and we have potential access to those who could read extremely deeply into such papers.
Finally, I shall send someone to go check my records for if any respected entities lived among them or nearby, it's unlikely but possible for a nearby minor kami or yokai to have noticed something. In addition to this we shall send someone to check if any K'eui have risen, one would be an excellent source of information if it can be subdued.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lotti



Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 81
Location: Cardiff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her focus on the many words spoken around her, Mirshuko took a moment to compose her thoughts; her lords spin on the situation was interesting and had merit, though ensuring rumours did not get too out of hand one way or another would be something to monitor. She paused to offer Usagi a nod of agreement to the parts of his response she had understood, she thought him correct that the right kind of action would not be planned or well executed whilst so many questions remained unanswered, with yet more still waiting to be asked. After a brief deliberation over her words, she posited her own suggestions.

"Study of bodies is telling. And search of struggle; home break, blood scatter, tracks. If no sign, no clue, no bodies, then villager personal items for study"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

RedSilver 1.03 Theme was programmed by DEVPPL JavaScript Forum
Images were made by DEVPPL Flash Games