www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Mindful Discoveries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Mindful Discoveries Reply with quote

Henry Jekyll sat amongst his notes in his workspace. Swain had been gone a day now selling some of his potions for money. It gave Dr Jekyll time to contemplate his crafts and relate it back to biochemistry. The first few days after the last gathering had filled Henry with inspiration after comparing notes with Hope. Ironically he had needed hope right about now as Hyde had been whispering frequently in his head. He had told him Finnlay had lured the wanderers there as decoys. He had lied. Yet Hyde had a habit of being honest, brutally so.

He had shared anaesthetic prototype recipe with Hope while he worked on the mood stabilisers. Both pharmaceutical recipies had promise and after talking with contacts Henry had picked up the basics of herbalism. This would help with substitute ingredients greatly. Some of the wanderer scholars had been working on a ritual crossing the astral, the dreaming and the spirit world. There was an elemental map and Henry recalled theorising with them on what each part would represent. It was then that he had a moment of inspiration. Hyde was not a malady of the spirit but a malady of the mind and as such he had an astral form! Henry had shared this with no one. The mood stablisers were part of a larger scheme. A scheme that might eventually allow him to meet Hyde face to face on the astral plane.

He notes he found worried him. Maybe Swain could get passage to Port Rabel. Something was trying to find his family. Something was trying to recreate Hyde. They were so close but also so wrong. They had some ingredients but they lacked the scientific finesse married with alchemical discipline. Henry had vowed never yo let those close to him suffer for his mistakes. He felt helpless so far from home and yet if he unleashed Hyde back on his family. Henry shuddered to think of how much glee Hyde would take in destroying his loved ones.

In the reflection of the glass beaker Henry saw Hyde starring back. He had a leering smile as if he knew something Henry was missing: something so damn obvious yet occluded from his thoughts. Hyde mocked him with a devilish grin as if he was in on a practical joke. The monster was enjoying the advantage and Henry grew bitter with resentment at his worse half.
Joe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooner or later you are gonna ave to make one of those hard choices Henry! I reckon you're a snivelling coward who over thinks it and hesitates so much that you wont have the stones to go through with it. So do us all a favour and let me steer for a while. You're only gonna mess it up and then you will be all alone. No family, no friends and without Hope. You don't have the guts for what's coming our way.
Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in an alley way, it is nighttime but a gas lamp ten yards away gives some dim illumination. I cannot remember how I got here and that worries me. My hands are soaked in blood and so is my once white shirt. The blood is dark red and even in the dim light, I can tell this is serious arterial blood. My god! Have I been injured? Was I shot? The amount of blood hints that I must be dying. No. I feel... good. Better than good, I feel invigorated and energised. If I was injured my wounds have somehow healed. Why do I feel so good? Or perhaps... I look down to see the two bloody dead bodies and the horror sets in. Using my medical knowledge at a glance it appears as if they were beaten badly. The cheek bone and nose of the male looks like it was crushed by a sledge hammer... no... a fist?! A potent fist? I shudder inside as I come to the realisation that there is only one creature I know that attacks in this manner. There are also claw marks as if some animal tore the female body apart, the carotid artery has been torn, bitten perhaps. That's why there is so much blood here. But there is a distinct lack of animal bite marks. The laceration is too ragged to be a scalpel. Could they be human bite marks?! A discharged pistol and a bloody sword lie on the flood next to the corpses. It looks as if the creature didn't even bother to dodge the attack, as if it didn't care. overconfidence or sheer rage? Who knows? A look of terror is fixed on the woman's face and I want to weep but I cannot. Something is repressing my compassionate side, maybe I took a mood stabiliser. I hear hurried footsteps no doubt from those hunting the creature and find out that I cannot move my body. My head turns without my permission, as if controlled by another... Ah... I seem to be a passive observer in my own body. Oh no! Not again!"

Dr Jekyll awoke with a scream. He felt the familiar sway of a ship as he scurried around the cabin for his potion of grace. Small bottles clattered and smashed as he hurriedly grabbed for his antidote...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: