www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
Just another day.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Just another day. Reply with quote

The fading light from a small fireplace flickered across the room, Saris sat at a small table, squinting at the maps sprawled across it, his pencil poised but not ready to commit to the next stroke. His focus slipping as he glanced over to the fire where Hope and Ragdoll sat both cross-legged facing each other, a large medical journal sat open across her lap and she had been reading aloud from it for the past half an hour. Ragdoll simply stared blankly at her, his head tilted to the side and a Chunk of hair hanging from his mouth as he steadily chewed it.

OOC: Mandy Moonshine
Drackos

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saris let out an audible sigh. “I know I said I would try and help you with your companion but I still think this is strange endeavor. Each time I have seen the Freaks with their Ragdoll he hasn’t shown or tried to communicate that he would like to change his fate. He just seems to accept it, I’m not sure what you plan to achieve.”
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope stopped abruptly mid-sentence, during a rather interesting fact about the chordae tendineae, she turned to look at Saris as did Ragdoll, however, Saris made a conscious effort only to look at Hope.
“Saris it is foolish to think that just because the beaten do not flee does not mean they want it to continue.” Her reply condescending. “Sometimes someone has to show you the light.”

Drackos

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I know but I just think...” he started to say before his mind stopped him. “Nevermind.” His focus once again returning to his work.
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope also continued reading aloud from the Journal, Ragdolls focus back on her. However, she had barely finished two sentences before stopping once more.
“Perhaps you could show him your maps Saris, maybe he can draw?”

Drackos

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question hung in the air awkwardly for several moments before Saris finally looked up, trying to hide his feeling of unease and averting his gaze from the vacant eyes of Ragdoll.
“I still don’t think this will work.” However contrary to his words he collected a piece of paper and a pencil from the table and made his way to the warm glow of the fireplace.
Colin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ragdoll watched as Saris moved across the room towards the fireplace it's mouth full of dirty lank hair; it's expression blank; it's eyes empty.
Drackos

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The days were drudging on, the resurgence of the portal network both helped and hindered the unlikely trio, waiting times and lists were growing as they tried to hustle amongst the newly invigorated travellers, stopping as the portals needed time to recharge and passengers checked. This gave the three ample time to rest, relax and talk about events in their lives, however for Saris an unease had started to grow, always lingering there whenever topic turned to Ragdoll. He knew he would have to bring an end to their trio and he just didn’t want to face it.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite travelling, Hope continued exposing Ragdoll to a variety of teachings and subjects but to no success, she also tried exposing him to some of her more scientific interests, the ones she kept hidden from Saris. However, Ragdoll showed no more interest in these than anything else, his usual vacant expression permanently in place.
Upon reaching their destination they were lucky to find temporary residence. It was here, on a clear night, while they enjoyed an evening meal that Hope turned to Saris.
“Saris, do you play a musical instrument, perhaps Ragdoll might like to listen?”

Drackos

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I can sing a little,” he smiled. “It helps when it comes to harmonising and communing with crystalline structures and matrices…” It felt good to have a distraction, to talk once again about something complex and interesting, but that feeling didn't last long, the nagging unease reared its head again and would no longer be contained.
“Hope we need to talk.” Saris said, his voice little louder than necessary, “I know I said I’d help you look after Ragdoll and I admire everything you’ve been doing but we have to look at the bigger picture.” He paused briefly trying to judge Hope’s reaction, but she remained impassive. “I know that the way the Handler treats him is appalling and I hate everything about it but at the same time I don't know what else we can do... I would have thought the Freaks would have collected him by now and the fact they haven't is raising alarm bells. He hasn't shown any sign of development... I think we need to just face facts and as much as I hate to say this but we need to take him back, being on the wrong side of the Freaks is not something you want.” Saris let out a sigh. “Look, we'll go back to Faerie and say we found him wandering around and thought it would be best to keep him safe” He tried to force a slight smile but nothing happened his face was numb realising what he was saying.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope took a long moment to reply, she turned to look at Ragdoll, who sat apart from them, lank hair hanging from his mouth, and then she looked back to Saris, studying his face, making up her mind she sighed.
“Perhaps you are right, I’ve not had as much experience with the Freaks as you have.” She stood up and began clearing the table, “You think taking him back to Faerie is the best course of action, perhaps we should just leave him here?” Under the guise of clearing plates, she slipped from her bag a small dagger. She didn’t focus on Saris’s reply as she walked back to the table, “Could you pass me that, please,” she interrupted him, pointing at her empty glass. As Saris turned away from her in one swift movement she brought the hilt of the dagger down on the back of his head with enough precision and force to knock him out, his head slamming unceremoniously onto the table.

Drackos

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first there was nothing and then there was pain and the realisation of being trapped. Saris rolled around panicked before his senses started to catch up, there were no bonds but a comfy bed though the pain was still a constant factor.
“Wha? Hope? What happened were we attacked?” Silence. “Hope, ow…” As he freed himself from the bedstead he rubbed his aching head and could feel quite a lump, “OK what happened?” He looked around, there was no sign of a struggle, all their things were put away neatly and the place looked tidy. However, there was something different, all of his paperwork which was normally strewn across the desk had been put away and instead a single envelope with his name written upon it.
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Saris.

My apologies for your head, I deemed it a necessity, Darkling anatomy is too complicated for me to feel confident in drugging you, which I imagine would’ve been less painful.
I am afraid Saris that although I understand your concern with returning Ragdoll, I am not quite ready to give him up just yet. I believed that if I suggested that Ragdoll and I leave without you, you’d have protested and either forced me to take him back or agreed to come with us, against your better judgment. I didn’t wish for either of these outcomes, thus knocking you out seemed the best course. The burden of taking Ragdoll should not fall to you, as it was my decision to take him and I will deal with any consequences alone.

Travel safe.

Hope.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: