www.ascendancylrp.co.uk

Welcome to the Ascendancy LRP forums.
"The Pilgrims Road"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: "The Pilgrims Road" Reply with quote

The Dust rose from the road as the Ox drawn cart made its way along the thoroughfare. The animals snorted their displeasure as the sun beat down from on-high, and who could blame them truly days like these were sent by mother Sun in order to test the farmer in the field.

One of the two passengers in the Wagon lifted a water skin to his lips and took a long draft. The water cooled him momentarily before Sasori lifted his head to look out towards the Horizon. Paddy fields stretched for miles all around and with the planting season at its Apex they were thronged with people. From palace walls one often forgets things the Lord of Keshi mused to himself before pulling down his Kasa down to cover his eyes.

Sleep on this journey has not come with ease, odd how dreams of the past haunt one at the crossroads of existence but then many are the tricksters of reality. The rough spun Kimono he has been forced to don to move among the peasants was also an annoyance but one that he knew he needed to bare for the time being.

"Shugi" Sasori spoke to his companion. Even the dropping of his customary San was a botheration "Do you know how long it will be before we reach the Inn on the Nyan-Shing crossroads"

Almost as an afterthought he added "Dragon who sits on high neath heaven knows I need a bath"
Tdizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whispers threatened to distract him. They always did when it was quiet. Ghosts of the future and present dancing just out of sight. Such was the price of his 'unique' talents.

His watching was suddenly focused. A cart. Furrowing his brow's and slipping from his vantage point into the fields. A quick mental adjustment and Niffink aligned on an intercept course. His form unhindered by the seasonal warmth as he ghosted between both the newer crops and the farmers tending the planting. The light of day hindered his stealth and glances were thrown at him as he wove on his course. Breathing lightly as he broke cover to a light thrashing of the fields. Skidding to a halt in front of the dual oxen cart his Ninjatō held reverse it's blunt edge along his forearm.

Breathing in deeply with an audible sniff and cocking his head to the side. Sheathing his blade and dropping to his knee in respect to his lord. The question that had graced his ears before his abrupt arrival demanded and answer.

After the nights shadow has crossed the fields. If you keep this pace of course.
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shugi was...distracted. The rough clothes he wore were as familiar as a second skin, and he was glad he had not followed instruction and thrown them out. People were everywhere, and not a single eye was on him. It was a comfortable feeling, being an insignificant one amongst many.
Shugi felt well within his element, and wondered whether Sasori felt as uncomfortable as he did in the palace. Years had passed and yet Shugi still felt uneasy about having servants, respect and much dreaded attention.
Spotting someone looking, Shugi willed his eyes to see beyond the normal lights of the world, peering into the farmers aura. She was tired, but there was no hint of suspicion. A sudden noise from within the fields got Shugi's attention sharply as someone darted in front of the cart. As the auras faded he realised he noticed this one. "Niffink?" Mouthed Shugi as the rat spoke.
"After the nights shadow has crossed the fields?" Repeated Shugi, confused without the context, his lords words completely passing him by
"Excellent" replied Sasori, only confusing Shugi further.
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasori glanced down for a moment to see Niffink with a nod. One never knew when traveling without a proper retinue where bandits and their ilk might be lurking ut when one had a pair of eyes as sharp as the master of the shadows did one could be assured they you would not find yourself suprised on the the road

"Hai" he mused momentarily "Excellent and the road before us is clear then?"

Sasori then maneuvers his body to look at Shugi "He means we should arrive at the inn by morning so we shall be able to take a days rest there before pressing on..One trusts you understand"

Unlike his normal clipped and commanding tone the voice used by the lord of Keshi was thoughtful. He pondered when the last time was he had taken this road so long ago. How the world had changed since then
Tdizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clear enough Tetsu Kemuri. I will continue my patrol and visage yes-yes.

Niffink continued to look at the path infront of him. There was another in the cart. The new one.

Hagane no Kokoro.

Inclining his head gravely at the one called Shugi Niffink turned his gaze towards his lord and asking another question

Shall I backtrack-track and make sure we are not being followed?
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shugi sighed, he had gone on this mission to prove himself capable to his lord, and yet all he had done so far was day dream and make a fool of himself.
"I u-understood" Stammered the young Samurai, confidence faltering as his own self doubt came rushing back. He knew the rat didn't trust him, and at the mention of his heart with his self esteem failing the memories of fire came back, and then the face, and then the pain in his chest.

But then a stronger voice cut in. A fiercer voice in Shugis head. "No, I deserve to be here. I stopped a gaijin akuma from taking advantage of my lord. I poured memories into the celestial dragon and aided his return. I belong at Sasori's side".

"So Tetsu, you have been around a long time. I'll confess I traveled this road often before we met, but I would love to hear how you remember it from times gone by."
Sasori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasori muses for a moment his eyes seeming to come to rest upon the Horizon, The Fog of ages seems to cloud his eyes as he contemplates. The world was such a different place in those days and we marched under different banners. The world had honor ...unlike today when we are nothing more then blind children scrabbling towards the light

"That is a story for another day" Sasori allowed himself a momentary smile to spread across his face "Salt in very old wounds as we walk along a road strewn with bones"

Leaning back in pressing to the side of the wagon "Its funny how Humans can so quickly turn to ash and memory" Sasori takes a deep breath "But in their fragility they are as the cherry blossoms who fall in the winds of winter ...Perfection lost"
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm sorry, I meant no offence bringing up the past. I simply saw that you had a lot to teach, and I a lot to learn". Shugi said, studying his lords face beneath the disguise and finding himself respecting the sheer amount of time and experience that seemed to be etched upon it.

"I often find myself musing on human nature." Shugi continued, leaning back to reflect his lord opposite and gazing into the darkening sky in contemplation "On my own nature. Spending my time in the company of those who have lived and will live many lifetimes beyond your own is humbling. But it makes me realise humans are very much creatures of the now. We try to leave legacies that will out live us but often we only consider a few decades ahead. But I believe there is beauty in this. The uncertainty of our lives is what makes us what we are".
Sasori

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Were the world to be populated by immortals then there would be utter stagnation" Sasori says in the same contimplative tone "When one has eternity to complete a task then there is no sense of urgency, after-all even if it takes a century you have that time to spend"

Sarori removes a Fan from his Obi belt fanning himself to try to stave off the oppressive heat before continuing "However when one is forced to work with the limitations placed upon them by their own mortality then one tends to get results on a much more regular bases"

His face Darkens

"Those blasted traitors in Sanctuary are if nothing more proof of this"
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I suppose like in all things the balance of immortals and mortals is what is needed". Shugi replied, considering his master's words. "Immortals have the wisdom and foresight of countless years, mortals have the agency and motivation to create change. Together we balance the other out perhaps".

Shugi then sighs as he considers the next topic, leaning forward to wipe the sweat from his brow and take a deep swig of water. "The traitors have fallen from grace. There are elements to admire in their industrious nature, soured and drowned out by the tar of their sins. But that is the great thing about humans. We learn from the mistakes of our ancestors. Sanctuary's children shall remember that the Dragons way is the only way for The Thunders once we are finished with them. Who knows, maybe something can be salvaged from this too. Their technologies could serve our shard well in the end".
Sasori

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai" Sasori nodded when Shugi had finished "Their technology is indeed an art, alas in the case of Lord Khubli who lost his life at the hands of their robotic insects you see how it has been turned to a nefarious end"

"Lord Imagawa fears them ...But when one considers the Shogun through the eyes of his lineage they are all cowards. One feared his own morality and the other peasants and their windup toys. There is a reason a Samurai must never show fear Shugi"

The eyes of the lord of Keshi turn flint like before he continues " I feel as though you will be tested by your own fears before to long and must steel yourself. Remember your station, your clan and you shall no doubt come to conquer anything the filthy Akuma of Salem have to throw at you"
Sam The Shugi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shugi looks sullen at the mention of the future, but this quickly turns to a look of determination. "I am afraid my lord I shall admit that. But I think a degree of fear is healthy, especially when it motivates you. I do not fear death my lord, it would be an honour to die in service and is probably a greater honour than I deserve."

"What I fear is dishonouring you. Or the clan. Of being forced to act against my nature, or being fooled into believing my nature is different than it truly is." Shugi drinks deeply from his water and takes a deep breath to steady his mind.

"But that fear leads to planning. It breeds resolve to arm myself against the gaijin akuma. And fears are quelled because I know the clan stands with me, as I would with them. I must apologise for bringing this complication into your already complicated life my lord. I hope I am worth it. I only wish to prove myself capable to you."
Sasori

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You have misunderstood me" Sasori comments placing his fan down looking Shugi right in the eyes "One must never let their enemies see you are afraid ..this is not to say we can never know fear" he pauses for a moment "My Father told me a long time ago that the mask we wear in order to show no emotions is needed so those around us do not take advantage of us. In every moment we present ourselves to the world we must appear to be alabaster carved into the visage of our countenance"

Working his jaw for a moment the Lord of Keshi takes a deep breath "That is not to say we do not feel things hidden beneath the mask however, You have bleed for me as have all my retainers and so you all possess a place within my heart and I would of course bleed for you in turn"

"No one shall lessen you Shugi ...No one has my permission and should anyone try I will give my last breath in order to make sure they suffer for this transgression"

A slight smile spreads across his face "But dont let Tanuki-San know I have expressed having feelings towards you all ..It would no doubt prompt a lecture"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ascendancylrp.co.uk Forum Index -> IC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: